Before & Ceremony
- I couldn't remember what I scolded Hope for filming - it was "back fat" as my mom got my dress on, lol
- Megan laughed the whole way up the aisle
- There were a lot of late people trying to get seats without interrupting the processional
- I was smiling the whole way up the aisle, and trying to say hi to as many people as possible
- So glad I had a little train on my dress - it looked GREAT!
- Hope had to probably lift her hands so high to see us and film the ceremony - THANK YOU!
My Parents' Speech
- My parents talked...A LOT...in their speech. They were very complimentary...it's very embarrassing to hear, actually. They did a timeline of my life.
- Funny part - my mom works in healthcare and was talking about my birth. She mentioned that she was induced and her cousin helped by giving her a coke, and said, in a teacherly way "now we all know that coke can induce labour", to which my brother says "GROSS!" very loudly, lol. Science is always necessary in speeches.
- Lots of awkward clapping in speeches - so funny.
- My mom made my friends from the pool stand up when she mentioned them.
- My parents told a story about how I got badly cut on a boogie-board when I was in Virginia Beach, and how I still have a big scar on my leg, and how I thought it was such a big deal, and I yelled out "I thought a SHARK was going to EAT me!"
- Awkward story about me meeting a boy in Spain...so uncalled for...
- Mom talking about my thesis from 4th year about arsenic speciation in contaminated mine sites - way to bore the audience...
- Also made my UOIT friends stand us as well...
- Always have to mention those deceased...awkward silence
- It's funny hearing my parents talk about Matt and I together - it's nice to know that people see us happy together and all in love and gross stuff like that...
- My dad says "thanks to Lynn & Pete for providing a wonderful man for our daughter" - and Lynn goes "woo-hoo!"
- My mom read a poem said at Chelsea Clinton's wedding the week before entitled "The Life that I Have" by Leo Marks.
"The life that I have Is all that I have
And the life that I have
The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.
A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours."
Matt's Parents' Speech
- Matt's side of the family claps way louder than mine!
- Matt's mom says "Kathleen, now you can worry about him instead of me" - and I do. Ohhh that boy!
- Hope went a little camera crazy during this filming - she may have been having a seizure?
- Matt's dad saying "wow Kathleen, you are really the only one to put Jamie in his place" - so true, but I have passed that torch on to Hope.
- Awww, Matt's dad's speech was a toast to ME!
- Note to Hope - don't clap and film at the same time, lol.
Steph's Speech as Maid of Honour
- So sweet and typically Steph
- She calls me "Littlin" and did throughout the speech - so cute
- Rice Krispie Bowl - haha - we couldn't wait to put it into a pan, so just ate it out of the bowl
- An "extremely organized" jab before she loses it to tears
- Hope background commentary "just so everyone knows, Matt's crying, Matt's crying" - hilarious
Jamie's Speech as Best Man
- Jamie getting a cheer as he walks up
- He starts off as abrasive as always, saying "I have my phone in my pocket, and I'll let you know if Thomas Kaberle gets traded"
- "There are a lot of ways to ruin a wedding, and the best man speech is one of them. So Matt, this is for kicking me off the top bunk when you were five. So Kathleen, he's a monster, you can still get out of it." - hilarious
- I love that Jamie laughs at all his own jokes
- "Matt, you won the lottery with Kathleen, and Kathleen, you could do better" - nice, Jamie.
OHhhhh well that was fun.