So anyway, the bedroom is painted, it has been put back together, and a few decor items have been purchased, along with new sheets! Yesterday I went out to Whitby after work to the big home big box store area, and I went to the following stores: Home Sense, Bouclair Home, Home Outfitters, JYSK, Michael's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Covers and Pier One. Mind you that these are all in the SAME PLAZA! I also had the option of Home Depot, and Sears Home, but I was exhausted.
I was looking for bedroom decor in gray, yellow, or white, or all three. This included an area rug, curtains, pillows, and room accents. I was also looking for white night tables, a small silver vase, new pillows, and new small lamps. Here are the results of my trip:
1. Home Sense = AWESOME but I didn't find anything I wanted. I will be back to poke around again soon!
2. Bouclair Home - never been there, but cute stuff! All colour coordinated so things are easy to find! I got a yellow faux-leather ottoman/storage container for the bedroom corner - very cute, and a silver gunmetal textured pillow.
3. Home Outfitters - bought new pillows - Sealy - don't love them because they are synthetic, but I didn't want to spend $70 on down pillows since I already have a set, but I wanted something soft...we'll see how it goes with them.
4. JYSK - never heard of it - sort of like "No Frills" for home stuff. I wasn't that impressed.
5. Michael's - needed tiny paintbrushes for touch-ups. Thought of getting more florals but that store is so damn expensive and I get lost in all the millions of aisles. Plus the people in there are WEIRD. I hated the place last year when wedding planning so I avoid entering whenever possible.
6. Bed, Bath & Beyond - it's pretty much Linen's & Things, with a different name. They had a great selection of curtains, but I didn't find ones I loved.
7. Covers - again, never heard of it - they sell curtains and bedding. Didn't love it.
8. Pier One - love Pier One - it is so quirky! Found a lemon yellow fuzzy pillow and got it immediately.
So went all around those stores to get only a few things, but I didn't want to get anything I really couldn't see in the room. We are NOT made of money! Still looking for most things, since I only really got decor items, but those things I want Matt around for anyway to help with decisions. Baby steps. Want to hit up Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel (we have gift cards for both) plus West Elm soon!
So, without further delay, here is our painted and semi-finished bedroom:
Going to add a few picture frames on the window wall closest to the mirror
The floor looks so bare now that the fuzzy area rug is in the basement!
Definitely also need some art above the bed, and a shelf on the closet wall
The wrinkle easily I suppose, but I can't bother to iron my sheets - I just don't care enough!