1. This was the dinner Matt made on a random night this week:
2. Friday I went to see a play with some coworkers (those "play" people) - it was called "The Dinner." It was excellent, and is playing at the St Vladimir Institute at College & Spadina. One of my coworkers was actually in it, and very good. This play is highly recommended - playing until this Friday (shows Tuesday-Friday this week).
3. Sunday I went to my cousin's daughter's baptism...3rd of three great grandchildren to date! So glad to see my cousin Melissa and her three adorable girls! *Picture to come...my dad has them in his camera right now*
4. Work...work is not going great. A bit of drama and a lack of motivation due to it...I'm hoping that it will pass and I will feel energized and excited once again about teaching, because I do love it!
5. House Stuff...hmmmm....well still no railings. I am assured this will get done when I get the compound miter saw back from my dad...since they are doing a bathroom reno, that might be tricky! We did, however, fix the wiring of the light in our basement stairwell. Supposedly Matt did it wrong, figured that out himself, and fixed it. Something about not wiring right into the pot light, but needing a separate junction box for safety issues. Oh well, it's done, and the light still works! Another little thing I did was paint the base to the sideboard. Here's what it looked like before and after:
(On a side note, the "food" setting left on the camera from the pepper picture was the best lighting - I realized the setting after and changed it, but it was either too dark or too yellow in the background!)
6. Gardening....ohhhhh the garden. My front and back yard is covered in leaves. What goes up, must come down, right? Right now they are very wet leaves. At some point before the world freezes over I will have to rake or perhaps just blow the leaves away, and do something about my disaster of a front garden. I am lost with what to do....and one year of lazy gardening can be okay if you just moved into the house, but I don't want a repeat next year!
7. Next week is Halloween...living in a condo for 4 years has sheltered us from Trick or Treaters...I guess I will have to buy (and carve?) a pumpkin, and perhaps put out some decorations...so that the neighbour kids don't egg our house. I've also decided NOT to get candy until the day of Halloween...I just started to go back to the gym TODAY since my fall, and it is going to be a long way back to "in shape"...or any shape besides soft and squishy...
Okay, done rambling. I am off to look up Halloween decor inspiration, dream about it, decide to do the bare minimum because it will mostly be inside decor for one day and not worth the money, and blog about all the prettiness instead! Have a good week!