This one was more of a primary yellow, but we wanted a richer marigold colour in the end
We used the backing to our eventual dining room mirror from to paint on
All was almost lost when Matt's hand slipped...luckily water-based paints wipe away pretty well!
*Note - Matt told me that 2.5 points was inaccurate for our painting size (1-1.5 points would be closer)
Matt wanted it to appear "floating", so a thin strip was glued to the larger frame pieces
*Note - that Elmer's Ultimate Glue is amazing - it stuck to Matt's hands days after washing!
I really like how it turned out, and we are going to use it to stain our media hutch in the living room too!
The frame was hung with two eyelets and picture-hanging wire
Yes, he is wearing an "Evil Dead: The Musical" t-shirt...
*Oh yeah, and you can see I did a dry run of my Christmas table in the background...post on that soon!
So I can't take credit for this project - Matt did pretty much everything. I only contributed by making line width suggestions, making sure he signed it, complaining about the smell of the stain, holding the frame up while he attached the canvas to it, and taking a LOT of pictures...so pretty much being a nuisance while he worked. Good job, hubby - this was all you!