Next post is of a cottage weekend in June - just a few pretty pictures of nature, and of Jamie and Hope before they went to a wedding.
Made Matt stop because of a rainbow
A full arc (double rainbow) - very rare
Playing with some macro photography
I totally saved this butterfly from the boggy ground
Pretty flowers along the retaining wall
The owl supposedly keeps away the ducks...the bird poop would indicate otherwise...
Stormy skies but still beautiful
Liked this picture a lot...
Until I turned around...this one was better
Some pre-wedding pics with Jamie & Hope, John & Connie (why are you not looking, Jamie?)
Change of scenery
Such a pretty family
Jamie and Hope solo
Did you know these two are getting married in 2 days???
Here are a few shots from today's shower for Hope and Jamie - 11 weeks until the big day!!!
Ladies in blue - momma, Lynn and my mom
Like father, like son - 3 shots and Pete's eyes are closed in all of them, but good shots of Dave and Bob
Mardi playing server (with delicious food!)
Bunting (!!!) by Joni
Aww Jamie and Hope M...
Presentation shower for their honeymoon (St. Lucia, perhaps)
John and Jack
Conner, Hailey and Hope watching "Despicable Me" - I really wanted to join them...
Giving them their honeymoon gifts including some awesome Pitbull shades
...plus some beach toys
The happy couple
Conner and the hammock
Guestbook pictures - drawn by Hailey (what would I look like as a dinosaur?)
Matt's eyes were closed in about 4 of 5...this was the best one
Best one that Matt took of Hope and I...still slightly blurry...*sigh*
Hope's first wedding shower - we did it early because her mom was visiting from England!
Ohhh Canadian bridal traditions
Cozy September weekend at the cottage
One of the last summer sunsets
Butters and I hanging out
Matt had a course in Niagara so I went with him for the weekend for a little getaway
Reading my uncle's books and drinking the first salted caramel hot chocolate of the season in Niagara
By the way - the books are awesome! Buy them on Amazon HERE
Butters trying to get in
He loves me more than the squirrel a few feet away
Hope and Meg out for a rainy day adventure at the cottage on Thanksgiving weekend
Rainbow landed in the lake - quick - dive in and get the pot o' gold!
Bye bye cottage! See you at Easter at the end of March!
Matt about to cross the finish line for his second marathon. So proud of him!
Mmmm fajitas and guacamole!
Trying out a new recipe!
Using the herbs from France (from Adam and Jessica's honeymoon)
The finished (delicious) product!
Butters blending into the foliage
*By the way I found out his real name is Bib...I don't like it. I'm going to keep calling him Butters.*
I didn't take a lot of pictures this day - didn't have a good viewing angle during the ceremony to get clear pictures without standing in front of everyone, but here are a few shots from the night at Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club:
Beautiful bride Emily with her dad
Their colours were navy and white with a bit of pink, plus polka dots!
Mr. & Mrs!
The legal stuff
The music was obviously conducive to dancing...
During cocktails there was a bald eagle (Stephen Colbert - is it yours?)
Great seating chart!
There's the bit of pink!
Listening to speeches
Jack was the emcee - he did an incredible job!
Who wants cake?
He was nice and didn't squish it in her face (like my brother did at his wedding)
There has to be a finale dip!
Father-daughter and mother-son dance together
The one picture of Matt and I (SLR selfies are hard to do!)
Matt and Steve (two of the three roommates of Adam's - Cable is nowhere to be found)
Personalized napkins - great little detail
Grandparents getting into the music
Beautiful mom-to-be Christine getting some practice
Best picture - three children getting candy, haha
Indeed it is.
*On that note, happy anniversary (yesterday) to my husband of two years!*
Row 1: Getting nails done in preparation for Vancouver at Tips Nail Bar, first pretty leaf latte from Coffee Bar in Gastown, and amazing porchetta sandwich from Meat & Bread - all on our first day out west!
Row 2-5: Shots of the Grouse Grind - 2.9 km straight up a mountain - took 89 minutes and it was pretty hard - another first day activity!
Row 6-7: "Hell" sign from Bin 941 - great tapas place we went to on the first night (also went here on my birthday in March), rest of shots from Stanley Park and along the walk to 3rd beach (where I spent Friday while Matt was golfing with the boys).
Row 8: Cable playing jenga at Guilt & Co on friday night, other two of us each getting ready for Adam & Emily's wedding.
Row 9: Shot from my SLR at the wedding at Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (the only one of us together that night), the "Love is Sweet" candy box filled with salt water toffee, swedish berries, and navy M&M's that I ate the day after, and Matt relaxing at Chill Winston's Sunday evening.
Row 10: The water drop down by the water, last latte from Cafe Medina on Monday, and belated birthday cupcakes from the Cupcake Girls shop on Thurlow!
**Not pictured Vancouver activities: dinner at Revel Room on Friday night, brunch at Catch 122 on Saturday morning, dinner at La Casita on Sunday night, and some anniversary shopping on Robson for our 2nd year (the gift is cotton) at J. Crew and Banana Republic on Monday before we left. As you can see we did a lot of good eating but also a lot of walking and hiking to try and balance it all out between!**
*Wedding post to come for Adam and Emily's wedding, though I didn't take that many pictures*
So I have a lot more time on my hands since I finished summer school so I looked to all my blog stats for the past month to see what people were creeping on or searching to come across the blog. Here are the most popular posts (PS - I wrote "hottest" post and then I thought I sounded like a nerd so I deleted it...). The titles link back to the original post if you want to see more!
1. Highlights of Joni's Wedding - I found out that if I added titles when I linked my posts to Facebook, and added "with" - it was posted on other people's walls and more people saw the post. So Joni and Blair, you have so many people who love you. You are BY FAR the most clicked people on my blog this month, haha. If you really love these two, I also did a post on Joni's Tea Shower, and her Bachelorette Weekend.
2. Dining Room Curtains - This is also related to the most searched term which was "Emmie Kvist Curtains" which are the ones we have from Ikea in the dining room. There were also a lot of searches for navy blue dining rooms, and I got a few comments on liking both the colour and the curtains from multiple people, which was nice. I wrote this post way back in October so it was surprising it was so popular this month - usually the ones I post most recently on Facebook make up most of my stats.
3. Bedroom Posts - this one was more from people clicking the tag "bedroom" on the sidebar, and the main posts in there this month were about the guest bedroom painting and decorating, Other than that, there were only posts from the end of the year last year in January about upcoming projects, and way back about our master bedroom decor.
4. Adam's Wedding Posts - all of them! This took over most of the stats, which again, is probably due to the fact that I tagged the friends and family who were in the posts on Facebook, and I did so many posts about the wedding in general. The first one was the wedding outtakes, then the father-daughter dance, followed by the ceremony, the reception, and even their launch party from before the wedding. Even did posts about the showers - one at Great Cooks and one at her Dad's House.
5. Shopping - again another tag search - I had to actually go back to the blog to find out what is in this category. I do quite a bit of shopping, but never remember to take pictures or post about it. Maybe I'll do that this week with all this time. Anyway, some posts covered shopping in Vancouver, and buying stuff for the house. Nothing exciting in this category, but if you want some great outfit and shopping posts, visit my friend Veronika's site at Veronika's Blushing!
6. Basement - Again, haven't done much to the basement for a while, which actually requires a post itself - it is a disaster, haha. This is good, I'm thinking of more posts to write. So the first post is about free house projects, of which I have done one, so I should get on that! If you go further back, there are a few posts on the progress here, here, here and here. By the way, the shelving no longer looks like this because it is overrun by books - new organization will have to happen because colour just isn't working for me anymore!
7. Sideboard Project - probably the one I am most proud of. I think it really makes our dining room look great. This was done in December and it took a while to do everything. The Ikea cabinets were first, then the base, and then the stained poplar top. The decor changes quite a bit (it's much different than the picture to the left and that was taken in May), but overall I still love this room. Now for more dinner parties so we have an excuse to use it.
8. Painting - another category search - we have definitely had some painting adventures both in this house and in the condo. I do most of the painting, although when Matt helps, he does the harder stuff - all the trim and edges - because I can't stay in the lines very well. Here are the posts: painting the basement, the master bedroom, the dining room and living room, the linen closet, the HBC painting, and the guest bedroom. Up next for us are all the hallways and the kitchen!
9. Kitchen - in this category we have the little butcher block island I built from Ikea, the kitchen chalkboard, and the some painting projects for spring and summer (of which the kitchen is one!)
10. Decor - lots of posts in this category, and besides a few mentioned above, there was one about spring and summer decor, and even all the projects from 2011. Way back was all the Christmas decor, the dining room mirror project, and just some mini-projects here and there. Most of my inspiration now comes from Pinterest, so I need to do more posts that link to my boards there, and I need to look at them more often to keep inspired!
Search Terms: Emmie Kvist Curtains, Science of Married Life (probaby one of my coworkers navigating), West Elm Tangle Rug (we have it in our living room), Paint Colours - Moonshine vs. Revere Pewter (both Benjamin Moore), Yellow and Grey Decor, Unfortunately I Married to Science (this one made me laugh), Peter Fallico - Married (don't know if Peter is married, although he is gay, so probably about 50% of you readers are out of luck trying to snag him), Finger Numb - Spraypaint (ohhh yes, so many people have had similar experiences! - *Update - it did eventually get feeling back in it, but it took over a month!*), Pax Wardrobe (ohh geez, what an ordeal!)
Referring Sites: Google (obviously) - so many countries - but the main ones are the US and Canada, Facebook (and Mobile), Pinterest, My Wedding Planning Site (probably still linked from The Knot), and then other search providers like Bing and Yahoo. By the way, that picture on the right is my most recent Pinterest desire - peanut butter chocolate cheesecake...wow.
Last wedding-related post for a while, haha. These are Adam and Jessica's wedding reception pictures. Once again, the wedding was at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, in the Dominican Republic.
Wardrobe change - another Banana Republic dress I got in May
Bride and groom between ceremony and reception - Adam changed his sweaty shirt too.
Peek through the foliage at the reception site - the Wet Bar (photo from Lynn)
Closer look - lovely tables and buffet setup
The friends - Melissa, Tom, Joel, Miranda, Andrea, and Mike
The groomsmen and Mike - looking sharp!
Sweetheart table - sweet indeed!
First dance pose
All eyes on them
Such a gentleman
The Emcee - uncle Brian! He did a great job!
Speech by Jessica's dad
Waiting their turn
Dad's speech (more like 12 minutes - not 5!)
Signing the guestbook
The boys - friends since elementary school!
My mom wanted another shot with the wardrobe change
Joel and Miranda
Joey's best man speech
Joey is really quiet. We were all wondering what he would come up with and people's reactions.
He blew everyone away - his speech was perfect - such a good balance of humour and love. Great job, Joey!
Amanda's maid of honour speech
Such obvious love for her little sister
Mother-son dance (oh how I hate using my flash)
Took lots of pictures of this while playing with camera settings
Adam's face is great
Father-daughter dance - to see more crazy dance moves from these two, check out my last post here.
All the dancing has pulled some of the bustle loose
Matt had his dancing shoes on
My parents take dance lessons, so they did a dance too!
Very good arm position!
Cake cutting - Matt took these next few while I signed the guestbook
Such a great picture, but will he do it?
Oh yes, he did. She was such a good sport!
Amanda had her MOH duties cut out for her this day!
Bouquet toss time! Wait a minute - who is that on the right. Yes, that is Matt's happily married mom.
Well, it was the Dominican, so it's okay!
But who will catch it?
It was Miranda! Okay Joel, you have a year - so get cracking!
*BTW- I gave my bouquet to Joni on my wedding day and she is now happily married!*
Look at this beautiful woman and her dad.
*I changed her diapers when she was a baby, and on this vacation, we were drinking and dancing together. Weird*.
Little brothers rocking out to some LMFAO.
Slowing it down.
Jessica's parents danced a bit too!
Melissa helping Eden with the guest book. Apparently she didn't need help because she wrote her name all over it!
It was quite hot, so a bit of a dip in the pool was just what was needed!
Okay guys - time to tell everyone the truth. Eden is really Adam & Jessica's daughter, not her sister.
She's 5, they've been together 10 years - the math works. Admit it.
*So kidding...but that would have been a great Christmas rumour...*
Yep...definitely not his kid, although she is quite a man-stealer
- she's had her eye on Amanda's boyfriend Josh for quite some time. (photo from Lynn)
Oh the night was not over - to Coco's we went!
What's up next now that the wedding posts are over? Some pinspiration (Pinterest inspiration), an Instagram roundup, and what I've been doing with my summer besides going to and editing photos from weddings!
Oh no - this was not just a normal father-daughter dance at my brother's wedding. It started off that way with Jessica and her dad all sweetly dancing (you'll see those pics when I do the reception post later today), but then the music cut and changed and a full choreographed dance number ensued - it was great, but the lighting was not. Here are the blurry sepia-converted pictures I got to capture the moment:
Oh yeah, and then all 4 daughters, then the whole wedding party jumped in. Incredible.
Here are some pictures from Adam & Jessica's ceremony, plus some of the family pictures on the beach afterward:
Ceremony site on the beach with white and turquoise decor - from Lynn
Some flowers to add to the decor around the hotel - from Lynn
Matt and his parents - those fans were a great idea!
My parents and I - from Lynn
Adam waiting with his best man, Joey
Joel and Elle
Tom and Marnina
Maid of honour Amanda
Boys all ready to go
Eden as flower girl
Ring bearers Emmanuel and Ben
Yep - had both my SLR and my point-and-shoot!
Jessica's sisters (notice the onlookers behind - there's more of them to come...)
Adam looking to his bride in the distance
This guy's looking at the same thing!
Here she comes!
Close up of Adam
Everyone was a bit squinty in the bright sun
View of the back of the dress
A hug for dad - from Lynn
And for the groom-to-be!
*Oh yeah, and the photographers got in the way of most shots...haha*
Starting the ceremony - read in Spanish and translated to English (some translations better than others...)
A reading by Jessica's grandpa
Asked if anyone objected to their marriage - Adam is giving people a stare down!
Best man with the rings
More bling for Jessica
Hands are a bit swollen in the heat...
Now one for Adam too
I read a poem - I like this one with my parents on either side of the picture
The boys are super excited...
Husband and wife!
Editing kissing pictures of your brother is weird...
I love the flowy dress
Signing the papers
And now the groom
Maid of honour's turn
And finally the best man (the table is small and he is very tall)
Tom is bored so a bit of air guitar will pass the time
The officiant is off to do yet another wedding!
Time to see everyone
Jessica takes the lead - what a good start to the marriage!
Time to drink!
Champagne for everyone
Cheers! - from Lynn
Right before my brother ran into me and knocked champagne all over the top of my dress... - from Lynn
Cheers from Matt's parents!
Listening to the photographer's instructions
Run down the aisle as we throw petals - Joey smoked my brother in the face with them - haha
My brother's eyes taking a rest with Matt's shades
Time for more pictures - the wedding party
The boys getting pretty using each other's sunglasses
Josh - the only picture I have of him - I want to see his pictures!
Bride's siblings (yep, all 6 of the them plus her)
Whole family now!
Father and son
Much smaller groom's family
Both families now!
Adam and I - both married now!
Mom and her kids
Dad with his kids
Mom and I
Matt and I (see what I mean by the squinty eyes?)
Bride and groom - more kissing on the beach
Looking out to sea (the few without random swimmers in the background)
Love this picture of Eden on the beach
Awww - Joey and Tom love - our single boys of the trip
Whoa - Tom is now with Joel? He's taken Tom!
Her bouquet was a bit like mine with all the roses
Adam cooling in the semi-shade
That flowing dress again!
Time for a drink in the lobby between ceremony and reception
About to head back to change for the evening
Stopped to take some pictures around a million chairs
Family shot - from Karen
Bride and groom inside to cool off - from Karen
Last post will be the reception - so many more photos to edit still, be patient!
So I was going to do just one post with the wedding ceremony - before, during, and some beach pics, but there are far too many! So this is just the pictures from the wedding day before the ceremony begins! Most are from my SLR, but the few that are from others I'll mention in the caption.
Hair - this was done in the salon in 20 minutes...they do a lot of weddings here!
*Time for a cold bath and some makeup - it is HOT!*
All cleaned up - dress from Banana Republic - another Trina Turk collection dress (yay petites!)
Parents of the groom (and my parents too, haha)
Jessica's brothers and ring-bearers Emmanuel and Ben
Adam writing a "letter" to Jessica - good posing little brother!
The wedding party boys - Joel, Joey, and Tom, plus Emmanuel and Ben
Adam - very patiently allowing multiple people to take pictures (the pro photographers were not that patient)
Father and son
Girls weren't allowed, but my mom ignored this rule (and dragged me down with her)
Fixing the collar
My brother annoyingly standing on his toes to be even taller than me...
Pretty sure I am pinching him right now to stay on his feet
After we got kicked out of the boys room, I popped in to see the girls
*Jessica was not allowed to dress until her photographers saw the dress*
Great hair by Marnina and makeup - eyelashes still on at this point
All the pretty flowers having a soak
Matt patiently hanging around waiting in the cool AC to go down to the hot beach
Heading down - ceremony in 20 minutes!
Mom and her friends Nancy, Kirstie, and Brenda
Cousin Tara and Uncle Brian
Mom and her sister Karen
Mom's family - sister, niece, and brother
Peter and Kirstie
Aunts Jay and Andrea
Matt and I - staying inside until we absolutely have to go outside
Another - why? Because once we get outside, Matt's already squinty eyes are pretty much shut in every single outdoor sunny picture...
Even inside it was hot. What to do? Stick you head in the fridge.
Left - Me on August 7th, 2010. Right - Adam on July 11th, 2012.
Like sister like brother!
Mom and I - taken by Lynn
Parents and us - taken by Karen
Sneak preview of next ceremony post - taken by Lynn